Conference of body dedicated to elections of ZNU rector was held at Zaporizhzhya National University on July 8, 2005. 242 delegates of different university departments made their choice.
Results of the voting
- Tymchenko Sergij Mykhailovych – 171 vote (68,4 %)
- Brekharia Grygory Pavlovych – 51 vote (20,4 %)
- Nekoz Mykola Denysovych – 15 votes (6%)
- Against all candidates voted 4 delegates (1,6%)
- One ballot-paper was declared not valid
Only professor, academician of Academy of historical sciences, doctor of historical sciences, master of law sciences Tymchenko Sergij Mykhailovych overcame 30-percent barrier. His candidature was recommended to the Ministry of education and science for appointment at the post of rector of Zaporizhzhya National University.